This is a letter I sent out to friends and family members earlier this week that actually paid off. I figure why not push my luck, publish it here, and see if any of you kind souls are generous enough to fall for this too. — Bryce
2014 has been a pretty amazing year for me. I got engaged to my best friend and the love of my life, I went blind in my left eye thanks to a freak pickup basketball injury, but more importantly than all that mundane stuff, after many sleepless nights learning HTML and testing the limits of trial-and error, I built a digital shrine to all my written achievements.
And when I put my website up, I added a donation button because why the hell not, jokingly telling Mollie that I would know that I’d made it when I could pay a month’s rent with donations from the site alone.
Well, thanks to some generous friends and fans and family members who didn’t know what else to get me for Christmas, I’m actually only a few hundred dollars away from making that pipedream an actual reality.
But I need your help.
If you’ve ever…
- found a great new band thanks to my weekly Brightest Young Things column (click here for the Top 14 of 2014, by the way)
- learned something from my News For The Well-Intentioned, Semi-Informed Layperson series
- better understood things like why hashtag activism doesn’t work when it comes to foreign policy or who exactly is to blame for the Ray Rice/NFL fiasco
- wept from reading my Eulogy for the iPod
- realized that I was the one that wrote that terrible ‘35 Things You’ll Never Hear A Washington Say‘ listicle that went viral a few weeks ago
http://silverspoonthaiandsushi.com/recipes/bbq-chicken-wings/ then maybe you could throw a few dollars in the proverbial tip-jar before 2014 closes out for good?
If you feel so inclined, click the button below and you can donate $5, $10, or even $20 to a very worthwhile cause: my continued survival.